Our mission is that your WordPress website built with our themes, always works fine and looks professional on any devices. That’s why we publish updates on a regular basis ( an average of 1 by month ) to introduce new features and fix bugs.
Users of a pro theme : why renew your key ?
Renewing your plan grants you access to updates in your WordPress dashboard, and product support for another year, including all updates for bug fixes and new feature introductions. Not updating your theme with the latest version is the number one cause of blank pages or warning compatibility bugs with WordPress.
- Keep your website up to date with the latest WordPress release. By keeping your theme safely up to date, you make sure that your site will be 100% compatible with the future WordPress releases ( 3 per year ). We always test the upcoming beta version of WordPress many weeks in advance to fix any potential problem with our themes.
- Keep your website compatible with WordPress plugin ecosystem. We continuously test and improve the theme to make sure that major plugins like WooCommerce are always fully compatible with our themes after any updates.
- Keep your website safe. The web is unfortunately not a safe place. Hackers always find new ways to infect servers. With regular updates, we always make sure that our themes are as much secured and protected as possible.
- Keep your website compatible with the latest mobile devices and browser updates. Web technologies and devices are evolving fast, that’s why many of our updates are related to those compatibility fixes to make sure that your website will be nicely displayed on all browsers and mobile devices.
The License Renewals Mechanism
You know, we are running the Freemius base subscriptions from a year. All Freemius subscriptions are automatically renewed. When a renewal payment is successfully processed, the associated license will automatically be extended, based on the billing cycle.
In case there’s a delay with the renewal payment processing the license will be set to Expired mode until the renewal is processed.
When there’s an issue processing the renewal payment, an Automated Emails Dunning Campaign will be triggered in order to recover the failed payment. If the subscription is canceled prior to the automatic renewal an automated emails campaign will be triggered, before the license expiration, using the following schedule:
- 30 days before license expiration
- 7 days before license expiration
- 2 days before license expiration
- 1 day after license expiration
Each email contains a secure direct link to renew the license.
If the customer renews the license prior to the expiration date, the license will be extended for an additional 30 or 365 days (based on their selected billing period).
For example, if the license was renewed 5 days prior to the expiration, and the customer has chosen an annual billing cycle, the license will expire 370 days after the renewal date (5 days + 365 days).
Manual License Renewal
We have also an option to send a license renewal email manually from within our dashboard.